HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

New forum software.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Duke Nukem
Leecher

PostSubject: New forum software.   Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:23 pm

I, myself have run a lot of forums like these, and quite frankly, hate phpBB. I think it's the least advanced, and to be honest, ugliest. A free alternative which is more advanced and still have many plugins, and themes etc. is known as SMF (simple machines). You can check out their software at simplemachines.org. I really think we should get rid of the phpBB and go with SMF. That is, if your free host super-forums lets you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SLYDER

PostSubject: Re: New forum software.   Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:51 pm

Duke Nukem wrote:
I, myself have run a lot of forums like these, and quite frankly, hate phpBB. I think it's the least advanced, and to be honest, ugliest. A free alternative which is more advanced and still have many plugins, and themes etc. is known as SMF (simple machines). You can check out their software at simplemachines.org. I really think we should get rid of the phpBB and go with SMF. That is, if your free host super-forums lets you.

I agree!

Global Mod
Global Mod

PostSubject: Re: New forum software.   Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:04 pm

Duke Nukem wrote:

I have used SMF and loved it. I agree with you that phpBB isn't the best of forum softwares, but I don't think that we are hosting the forums (Through are own server) I think that they are hosting it for us. Hopefully we could buy VB as that is my favorite. But I will talk to Jay about getting a better host and new forum software. Thanks for the suggestion.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New forum software.   Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:07 pm

by the end of september, all this will be arranged and applied, its just a matter of getting these forums known, and used. we need member before we can do anything. so please advertising is vital.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rs2cheating.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New forum software.   

Back to top Go down

New forum software.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: RS2Cheating :: Suggestions-
Jump to: